Basic Boat Info
7078 Bembe Beach Road
Annapolis, Maryland, US, 21403
Rhapsody, a beautiful Tartan 40 masthead sloop, is a classic Sparkman & Stevenspowered by a Yanmar 4JHE 48hp diesel (300 hours since 2015 rebuild) with a 3-blade Maxi-Prop feathering propeller. Sailing this vessel is easily handled with the furling genoa, double-reefed mainsail with lazy jacks, and all control lines leading aft to the cockpit. Rhapsody’slayout has a forward cabin with dual access head, spacious main salon, fully equipped galley to port and chart table and electrical panel to starboard. Aft there is a quarter berth to starboard and bosun’s locker to port. The boat is nicely quipped with Raymarine electronics above and below decks. Rhapsodyhas been expertly updated and maintained by the knowledgeable third owner. This vessel is ready to sail away and is a must see.
RHAPSODY has a custom Tartan 40 layout. Nice cruising improvements were made, as compared to the standard Tartan 40 layout.
Forward cabin has a comfortable double bunk with ample storage in drawers and lockers. Next aft to port is the head with separate stall shower.
Salon has a U shaped settee that converts into a double bunk for guests or offshore sailing. The Starboard settee is a single bunk.
Galley is aft to port side, it is a large U shaped galley with plenty of storage lockers and drawers. Aft of the galley to port is the custom Bosun Locker, which has additional equipment storage and acts as a work room for cruising or storing gear!
Starboard salon aft of settee is the forward facing nav station with drawer and desk storage. Directly aft of the Nav Station is the double quarter berth bunk.
This layout, with the nav station forward facing on starboard and bosun locker to port, is a much needed improvement for cruising comfort and functionality. This layout was a custom specified by the original owner to suit on board comfort and cruising.
- Raritan electric marine head with y-valve and macerator
- Adler-Barbour refrigerator/freezer (serviced/charged 2017)
- Electric bilge pump (new 2017)
- Manual Whale bilge pump
- Hot water – 5 gal (new 2015)
- Three burner CSI CNG stove/oven
- All interior lighting upgraded to LED (2016)
- Shore power inlet – 30 amps (50 ft shore power cord new 2017)
- Four (40) Trojan T-105 house batteries (2011)
- One (1) Group 27 starting battery (2013)
- Battery selector switches
- Charles Marine battery charger and Echo charging system for starting battery
- Electric breaker panel with 110v/12v at nav station
- All interior lighting, as well as bow and stern navigation lights, updated to LED (2016)
- ALL New Tanks installed in 2014
- 47 Gallon Fuels Tank
- 2 x 55 Gallon Water Tanks
- 30 Gallon Holding tank
RHAPSODY has a much sought after YANMAR engine as compared to the Universal, which was standard equipment when built.
- Yanmar 4JHE ( 2015 ReBuild )
- 3 Blade Max Prop ( 2011 )
- 310 Hours since Pulled and FULL REBUILD
- Engine was rebuilt @ 2,428 Hours on Meter.
- PSS Dripless Shaft Seal ( 2013)
- Prop Shaft Replaced 2014
- Shaft Line Cutter NEW 2016
Electronics - Cockpit
- Compass: Ritchie 6” binnacle
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST7000
- Plotter: Raymarine L770 radar/chartplotter
- Radar: Raymarine 18” Radome
- Depthsounder: Raymarine i50 (2016)
- Wind speed and direction: Raymarine i50 (2016)
- Boatspeed and log: Raymarine i50 (2016)
- Cockpit speakers
Electronics – Navigation Station
- VHF: ICOM IC-M502 VHF w/distress; RAM mic in cockpit
- Plotter: Raymarine RL70C radar/chartplotter
- GPS: Raymarine RN 300
- Kenwood stereo CD
- Sirius XM
- SVS battery monitor
- Link 10 batter monitor
- 110v/12v breaker panels
- Battery amp gauge
- Diesel tank gauge
- Water tank gauges (2)
- Yacht Specialties S.S. destroyer wheel with leather wrap
- Side deck genoa tracks with Merriman lead blocks (port and starboard)
- Toerail sail control tracks (port and starboard)
- Harken MK III genoa furling system
- Mid-boom Harken traveler
- Schaefer boom vang
- Cabin top organizer lead blocks plus additional Schaefer lead blocks
- Spinnaker pole with adjustable track on mast and an additional lightweight reaching strut
- Five (5) Spinlock rope clutches, aluminum cleat and ST43 Lewmar black finish halyard winch (aft starboard cabintop)
- Three (3) Spinlock rope clutches, aluminum cleat and two (2) ST43 Lewmar black finish halyard winches (aft port cabintop)
- Two (2) ST55 Lewmar black finish primary genoa winches (port and starboard)
- One (1) Lewmar #7 winch (genoa furler)
- Backstay adjuster (new 2013)
- Topping lift (new 2013)
- Mast-mounted Raymarine radar dome, TV antenna, VHF whip, Windex, windspeed transducer, foredeck/steaming light and mast head anchor light
- Prop shaft strut replaced 2014
- Shaft line cutter – new 2016
- Magma Marine Kettle Propane SS BBQ
- Stern Boarding / Swim Ladder
- Custom Side Boarding Ladder
- Outboard Motor Hoist
- 35 # Delta Anchor w/ 20 chain and 150' rode
- Single SS Anchor Roller on Bow
- Dual Chain Locks on Deck and SS Deck Pipe
- IDEAL Electric Anchor Windlass
- Quantum mainsail with double reefing
- Two (2) 135% genoas
- One (1) 90% genoa
Dodger with side panels and leather covered grab handle
Toe rail covers
Lewmar hatch covers (five)
- Awlgrip Hull - 2011 Flag Blue
- Red Boot Stripes and Gold Cove Stripe
- Bottom Stripped and Barrier Coated 2016
- Fresh Bottom Paint Late 2017
- Pettit Ultima SR Bottom Paint.
This Tartan is superbly maintained and updated. No long list of honey-do projects. Fully ready for coastal cruising today. From her updated engine, sails, canvas and electronics, the big updates have been completed, eleven all new tanks, running gear and engine rebuild. Very unique boat and listing...YES she is 35 years old, BUT we challenge you to find a better updated boat that shows more like a 15 year old in comparison.
Schedule a showing today. Owners welcome the opportunity to showcase their efforts in keeping RHAPSODY at the top of her game!
Potential purchasers should assume that any items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his/her agents or his/her surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes or withdrawal from market without notice.