Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 3gm
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 27hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 1991
7078 Bembe Beach Road
Annapolis, Maryland, US, 21403
J/39 was a great design from the early 90s. She was designed and has competed well in IMS / ORR / PHRF etc - A bigger / better version of the J/35 Black Seal is hull # 5 of the 21 that were built.
Open Layout with galley to port of companionway, nav station to starboard of companionway. Dual Quarter-berths aft and hinged settee seat back that make pilot berths outboard. Larger Quarter-berth Aft to Starboard.
Forward she has an enclosed head and decent sized forward bunk. Forward bunk was a custom build for Cruising - Can also be left open for Sail Storage.
Custom Bulkhead Hung Dining Table port side -- Removable.
New cabin sole ( Teak and Holly) - Overhead teak Panels and Custom Nav station Chartplotter Housing were done in 2015.
Racing Mode she Sleeps 4( or more ) -- Cruising Mode Sleeps 7...
Back Seal spent winter of 2014 / 15 in shed having full deck job completed as well bottom work done. Standout J 39 with the updates and equipment included.
- 4 fixed sigle bunks
- 2 Pilot bunks
- Vee Berth Fwd
- Enclosed head
- 2 burner Alcohol Stove
- Foot Pump at galley sink
- Insulated Icebox
- Shower in Head
- V Valve for Head
- Battery Charger
- 2 Batteries
- Running Lights
- Interior Lights
B&G Electronics - ALL New 2014
- Speed / Depth / Wind / Compass Transducers
- Port & Starboard Bulkhead Multi Displays
- B&G Maxi Views on Mast - 3 Readouts
- VHF Radio - Simrad 2014
- Stereo W/ Speakers - 2014
- B&G Zeus 12" Chart-Plotter at Custom Nav Station Display Counsel
- B&G Zeus 9" Chart-Plotter for Helm in Pod - Not currently installed
- Hall Carbon Mast - 2001
- Rod Rigging - 2001
- Harken Split Drum Furling for Genoa
- Aluminum Boom - Hall
- Carbon Spin Pole - Hall
- J 120 Pedestal steering - 2001
- 48" Edson Destroyer Wheel
- Deck Re- Cored - 2015
- Deck Painted 2015
- Modern Deck Layout - Winches aft /w Stoppers -2015
- Modern Traveler / Mainsheet System - 2015
- Gross Tune / Fine Tune Mainsheet System - 2015
- Hydraulic Backstay
- Running Backstays
- Hall Quik Rod Vang w/ Tackle
- SS Handrails on Deck House
- NEW Lewmar Deck Hatches 2015
- 6 Opening House Port-Lights
- 2 Cockpit Port-Lights
- Harken # 1 & # 3 Adjustable Jib Tracks w Tackle
- Harken Deck Hardware ( Blocks, deck, turning tackles etc )
- 2 - 3 Speed Primaries - Cockpit
- 4 Halyard / Sheet Winches on Deck 2 Speed
- 3dl Carbon Mainsail - 2014
- 3dl Carbon # 1 - 2014
- 3dl Carbon # 3 - 2014
- # 4 - Older Good shape
- .6 oz Spinnaker Runner
- .6 oz AP Spinnaker
- Chicken Chute ( Small shoulder 1.5 oz )
- Dacron Delivery Mainsail - 2014
- Misc Delivery / Old Spare Sails
- Mainsail Cover Sunbrella
- Spin Pole Cover Sunbrella
Black Seal has had a successful career in Cleveland and won many events / races. Owners have new boat...and are ready to own fewer boats. Offers Encouraged! Owned by experienced sailors, ready to sell!
Call today - This is a rare opportunity for a great racer / cruiser that can be converted for dual purpose use. Excellent updates completed, and the boat is ready to go for next owners. NOT a project J39 like most of them -- this is a stand-out boat and great opportunity for the investment!
Potential purchasers should assume that any items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes or withdrawal from market without notice.