Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo Penta
- Model: D2-55
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 55hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2009
- Engine Hours: 260
7078 Bembe Beach Road
Annapolis, Maryland, US, 21403
The Tartan 4300 is a modern success story of semi custom boatbuilding. Tartan created a model that has three different layouts and accommodates a variety of configurations and custom option ability.
SAPPHIRE was custom configured for her knowledgeable owner. She has all the right equipment and the original two cabin, two head, two shower layout. This has been the layout that has been built for most of the 44 hulls completed to date. SAPPHIRE is the 20th build in the series.
The hull is a composite vacuum infused epoxy laminate with core cell foam core and solid reinforcements where the thru hulls and structures are attached.
The deck is Vacuum Infused Epoxy with balsa core and local reinforced solid area for hardware with aluminum backing plates.
Novis Carbon fiber mast and LEISUREFURL boom configuration offers a very well rounded sail plan. This Tartan 4300 has been thoughtfully equipped and maintained to a very high level by her two knowledgeable owners.
SAPPHIRE has the ever popular two cabin layout with two cabins, two heads and two showers. The interior is varnished cherry and cabinetry is all solid stock raised panel door and lockers.
From the Bow. The forward cabin is the master, featuring an island bunk, custom mattress and extensive storage in both lockers, shelves and drawers.
The ensuite head has ample lockers outboard, electric head and rounded enclosed shower stall. The sink drain and shower both drain to the sump well / pump and then overboard.
The main salon features U shaped settee to port which converts into a double bunk / lounging couch. Centerline drop leave table accommodate 4-6 people. to starboard is a full length bench settee that can also be a single single sleeping bunk. Outboard Port and Starboard are storage and entertainment lockers.
The galley is aft to port and is quite large for a 43 footer. Full compliment of storage outboard in lockers, and under counter drawers and lockers. The insulated icebox has a refrigeration box with top and front access and the freezer compartment has top access. Large double sinks on centerline with additional under sink storage as well from both sides of the sink island.
The nav station is port of the companionway and aft of the galley. It is an office / commander style layout with three desk top surface, drawers lockers and access to navigation equipment and also the boat systems breaker s/ controls. Whether offshore or at the dock, this is an excellent work space for any weather!
The guest cabin and head are to the starboard side of the boat / companionway. The head is electric with storage outboard and full stall / divided shower area.
The aft cabin has an awthart-ships double bunk with easy access and plenty of headroom. Storage is in the double bureau lockers with both hanging and shelved areas.
The 4300 is an efficient use of space and Tartan has mastered the use of nooks cranes, leaving few spaces un-utilized!
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water
- Footpump Water Spigot at Sink
- Technautics Refrigeration
- Technautics Freezer
- Microwave in Locker
- Three Burner Stove w/ Oven - Force 10
- Granocoat Counters w/ Integrated Sinks
- Xintex Propane Sniffer / Valve System
- 10 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- Two Water Tanks - 60 & 60 = 120
- Fuel Tank - 60 Gallons
- Mastervolt Inverter / Charger System
- 2014 UPGRADE - Northern Lights Generator w/ 16 hours
- Tank Gauges at Nav Station Water & Fuel
- Holding Tank Gauges in the Heads
- Y- Valve and Macerator Systems for Heads
- 16k BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air Forward / Main Cabin
- 8k BTU Reverse Cycle Heat & Air Aft Cabin / Head
- Cockpit Shower
- Dockside Pressure Water
- Deck Washdown System
- 12 VDC Outlets at the Nav and Helm
- Battery Selector Switches ( 3 ) at Nav Station
- 12 VDC & 1010VAC Breaker panel at the Nav Station
- RayMarine ST60 Speed, Depth & Wind @ Companionway
- RayMarine E95Plotter Hybrid Touch at HELM - 2014
- RayMarine 6002 SmartPilot at Helm
- RayMarine Radar RD 418HD - Digital radar - 2014
- AIS - 2016
- ICOM IC-M422 VHF Radio At Nav Station
- ICOM Command Mic at the Helm
- Ritchie Destroyer Compass at Helm
- Novis Carbon Fiber Mast
- ForeSpar Leisure Furl Boom - 2012
- Harken Jib Furler
- Harken Reacher Furler
- ForeSpar Rod Vang w/ Tackle led aft
- Harken 44 STEC Power Housetop Winch Starboard
- Harken 44 STC Power Housetop Winch Port
- Harken 53 STEC Power Primary Winches
- Harken Self tacking Jib Track
- TEAK Toe Rail
- TEAK Hull Rub Strake / Bang Rail
- 1-1/8" SS Stanchions and Pulpits Welded Bases
- SS Handrails On Housetop
- SS Open Deck Hatches 6 Total
- SS Opening Portlights in Housesides - 12
- SS Opening Ports Aft cabin into Cockpit - 2
- Lewmar Rack & Pinion Steering Pedestal
- Lewmar 54" Wheel w/ Leather Grip
- Breaker panel at Helm for Deck Lights etc
- Lewmar Windlass w/ Deck Foot Switches
- Deck / Anchor Washdown at Windlass
- 50 # Anchor w/ Chain & Rode
- Sobstad Full Batten Furling Mainsail - 2012
- Thurston / Quantum Laminate 150% Reacher - 2016
- Thurston / Quantum Dacron Self Tacking Jib - 2016
- Mainsail Pocket Boom Cover - 2017
- Thurston Dodger w/ Side & Aft Rails - 2016
- Cockpit Cushions
SAPPHIRE is a well maintained, lightly used Tartan 4300. Superbly equipped and maintained by her knowledgeable owners. Highlights include;
- Majestic Blue Hull w/ White Boot and Gold Cove Stripes
- Teak ToeRails w/ Teak Rub Strake
- E97 Plotters / Radar - 2016 current technology
- 6KW Genset w/ 16 hours
- Volvo Penta 55hp Saildrive - 260 Hours
- Bow Thruster
- Updates sails - 2012 / 2014
- New Dodger
- Dual Air Con Systems
- Frig / Freezer Compartment Systems
- Volvo Saildrive - Engine w/ 500 hours.
- 3 Blade Volvo Folding Prop
- Ultra Leather Fabric & Custom Mattresses
This is an excellent opportunity to own a lightly used, ready to go Cruising Tartan 4300. Over 625k to replace today.
She needs nothing - Ready to go!
Call today from showing, you will not be disappointed!
Potential purchasers should assume that any items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his/her agents or his/her surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes or withdrawal from market without notice.